This Privacy Statement describes how your personal data is processed by the 3D Heart Project in connection with the services (“Services”) we provide to you. These Services include:
- Our 3D Heart Project website;
- Any (mobile) sites, applications, widgets, and other (mobile) interactive features; and
- Other services that we may offer in connections with the two points mentioned above, such as through HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you.
This Statement also describes the rights you have in respect of your personal data being collected and processed by the 3D Heart Project. If you have any questions regarding this Statement, you can contact us at the contact details included in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully before you start using our Services.
The controller of the processing of your personal data (meaning the party that is responsible) is: the 3D Heart Project. The 3D Heart Project will be your point of contact for privacy and data protection matters.
Which personal data do we collect from you?
Depending on the Services, we may ask you to provide us with the following personal data:
|Name, address||Telephone number||Email address|
We will derive the following personal data from your use of our Services (with your consent were required):
|IP address||Personal characteristics, such as interests and location||Online behaviour when you use our Services, e.g. whether or not you click on content or on items on the 3D Heart Project emails / newsletters||Type of your mobile device (computer, laptop, mobile)|
How do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data because you provide this data to us, for instance when you sign up for more information, news and events from the 3D Heart Project. Certain information will be always required when you sign up, for instance the details we need to contact you, like your email address and name (and country). These mandatory fields are the minimal data we need from you to provide you with the requested Services.
Why and how we use your personal data?
Below we describe why and how we usually process your personal data. Where we have other purposes of use of your personal data, we will inform you thereof separately.
- We use your personal data to provide you with our customer care services, like responding to your enquiries and complaints and fulfilling your requests, such as to respond to your questions and comments. In this way, we can learn from your complaints and help you as much as we can. We protect your rights by limiting the data we collect from you for this purpose and by limiting the retention period of this personal data.
- We use your contact details to send administrative information to you, such as changes to this Privacy Statement.
- With your consent, we use your personal data to keep you engaged in and informed of the 3D Heart Project’s products and Services (direct marketing), provide you with tailored news, information updates and announcements via our marketing communication that might be of interest to you, send to you promotions, and inviting you to participate in our special programmes or local events. As permitted by applicable law, we will contact you by email, telephone, SMS, or post. We protect your rights by informing you of our activities in this scope and by letting you opt-out every time we communicate with you.
- We use your personal data for our business purposes, such as enhancing our Services, market research, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring our website experience and content based on your past activities on the website. Where we can, we will use aggregate / anonymous data for these business purposes.
The cases where we give other parties access to your personal data
We will not share any of your data with any third parties.
We will keep personal data we obtain in relation to your questions, complaints and enquiries, during 3 months after we fully addressed your question, complaint or enquiry, to see if we helped you sufficiently or if you require more information or assistance. In deviation hereof, we will keep your name and email address for 1 year after a complaint to address fake or malicious complaints. After these periods, we will delete your personal data as provided to us via the contact form, unless we are required by law to keep the personal data longer.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data as processed by the 3D Heart Project. This means that the 3D Heart Project will provide you with information such as the categories of personal data that are processed, the purposes of processing, and retention periods.
- You also have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased as appropriate, the right to restrict the processing, and the right to object to the processing (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data by the 3D Heart Project based on consent before the withdrawal.
- At your written request, a copy of your personal data provided by you to the 3D Heart Project will be provided to you in a common machine-readable format (data portability).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us. Upon your request, we may ask for additional information from you to verify your identity, such as a photo ID or a utility bill (and make sure we do not violate any other person’s privacy rights) and to handle your request efficiently. All identity check documents will thereafter be disposed of securely.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The website and Services from the 3D Heart Project may change from time to time. For this reason, the 3D Heart Project may need to change or add information to this Statement. We will make sure that we make it prominently clear on our website when we have changed our Privacy Statement. In case of substantial changes, we will inform you of our new Privacy Statement via the contact details we have from you.
If you have any further questions, please contact us using one of the emails provided on the “Contact Us” page or by filling in the Contact Form on the “Contact Us” page of this website.
This website is operated by the Research and Development Department at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. The information provided through this website is intended only for residents of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. No other person should rely or act upon any information contained in this website, and information available is not relevant to any other countries or territories.
Copyright © 2019 Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. All Rights Reserved.